Erica Weber Presents at ISNV and Receives Travel Award
The 11th International Symposium on NeuroVirology (ISNV) will start on May 29, 2012 in New York, NY. The overall goal of the meeting is to provide investigators working in the field of neurovirology and related areas with leading edge information so that new preventative and therapeutic strategies effective against neurologic diseases associated with prions, HIV, and other viral and non-viral pathogens can be identified.
HNRC Investigators Present at CROI 2012
HNRC investigators presented the following abstracts at the 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections in Seattle, Washington on March 5-8, 2012.
- de Almeida S, Badiee J, Cherner M, de Pereria AP, Maich I, Raboni SM, Rotta I, Ribeiro CE, Ellis R. (2012). Prevalence of neurocognitive impairment in HIV-1 clade C versus B infected individuals.
- Marcotte TD, Ghate M, Deutsch R, Letendre S, Meyer RA, Godbole S, Risbud A, Thakar M, Grant I, Mehendale S. (2012). Earlier Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy Results in Better Neurocognitive Functioning
- Moore D, Poehlman Roediger M, Eberly L, Blackstone K, Hale B, Weintrob A, Ganesan A, Agan B, Letendre S, Crum-Cianflone N. (2012). Identification of an abbreviated test battery for detection of HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment in an early-treated HIV-infected cohort.
- Woods SP, Weber E, Letendre SL, Grant I, Woods SP, and the HNRP Group. (2012). Brief cognitive neurorehabilitation interventions improve memory functioning in HIV-infected adults.
Click Here for Posters to view for select abstracts above. A Poster is available for viewing if there is a link in the left hand column next to the abstract title
HNRC Investigators Present at INS 2012
HNRC investigators presented the following abstracts at the 40th Annual Meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on February 15-18, 2012.
- Braga D, Marcotte T, Meyer R. (2012) HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders are associated with driving cessation.
- Doyle K, Weber E, Atkinson JH, Grant I, Woods SP, and the HNRC Group. (2012). Interrelationships of age, prospective memory, and health-related quality of life in HIV infection.
- Georges S, Gupta S, Suarez P, Hendrix T, Heaton R, Cherner M. (2012). Relationship between self-reported cognitive complaints and objectively-measured functional impairment in Spanish-speakers living with HIV.
Congratulations to Rujvi Kamat for the award of a Tinker Research Travel Grant
Rujvi Kamat, a San Diego State University/University of California, San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology student working at the HNRP, was just awarded a Tinker Research Travel Grant from the UCSD Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies. The award will provide funding for a 3-week visit to Hospital de Clinicas- Universidade Federal do Parana in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil, where the HNRP has an on-going project (Ron Ellis, PI) examining the NP consequences of HIV infection.